Welcome to FoxEcom, an agile Shopify team that develops smart & hyperefficient solutions (the "Service") for SMB market. We are aggressive to grow, producing solid results, and creating lasting impacts for our customers & partners. The Service is owned and operated by FoxEcom ("FoxEcom", "we", "us", "our").
How we collect your data
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorized into the following:
Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for our solutions, respond to a job application or an email offer, participate in community forums, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalizing the content you see).
Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners.
The permissions we request
When you install our Apps through the Shopify App Store, we will request the following permissions:
- write_products, read_products, read_product_listings: This includes products and collections, we need these permissions to allow you can build templates for products or collections page.
- read_content, write_content: We need these permissions to allow you can build templates for articles, blogs and regular pages.
- read_files, write_files: We need these permissions to get your files from store such as product media to show in Foxify and allow you can upload files like images or videos to your store directly in Foxify.
- read_themes,write_themes: We need these permissions to allow Foxify can interact with your theme.
- read_locales: We need this permission to get your locales so you can translate content from Foxify
- write_products, read_products: This includes products and collections, we need these permissions to allow you can create offers for your products.
- read_draft_orders, write_draft_orders: We need these permissions to make create an order with a discount by using a draft order for your customers.
- read_themes, write_themes: We need these permissions to allow you can install or update our Minimog theme via the app.
- read_locales: We need this permission to get your locales so you can translate content from FoxKit
- write_discounts, read_discounts: We need these permissions to create a discount code based on the order for your customers.
- write_pixels, read_customer_events: We need these permissions to track storefront events based on Shopify API. Read about Shopify Customer Privacy API here.
- read_orders, write_orders: We need these permissions to collect order data and sales data
The information we collect
After installing the Apps and giving us permission, we will collect the following information:
- Store domain
- Store ID
- Shopify plan
Store owner information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Physical address
Content provider information:
- Email address
- IP address
- Browser and operating system
How we use your data
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you
- operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services
- marketing communications (about FoxEcom or another product or service we think you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with)
To support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimize your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
To protect: So that we can detect and prevent any fraudulent or malicious activity, and make sure that everyone is using our websites and services fairly and in accordance with our Terms of Service.
To market to you: In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third-party websites and their platforms.
To analyze, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymized analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
How we can share your data
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties, except in the events listed below or when we have your consent:
- third-party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- other people for whom we have your consent
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please visit the App -> Settings -> Account -> Data privacy or contact us at email@example.com.
Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We receive the store data information from Shopify platform through Shopify API and Shopify Hooks.
We take all reasonable steps within our control to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information. You can change your personal data related to your account in the platform under Settings.
We are committed to protecting your personal data and have taken steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
Although we aim to create a safe, secure environment by trying to limit access to the site to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized parties will not gain access. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we expressly exclude any liability arising from any unauthorized access to your personal information.
We will inform you without undue delay unless the risk to your individual rights and freedoms is low—such as if the compromised data was well-encrypted.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account by anyone else or any other breach of security.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices.
Please note that if you ask FoxEcom to stop processing your personal data in a certain way or erase your personal data, and this type of processing or data is needed to facilitate your use of the services, you may not be able to use the services as you did before, or at all.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
To see details about how we use your cookies and other tracking technologies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Links to third-party websites
Changes to this policy
How to contact us