Are you struggling to grow traffic to your Shopify store?
Given that you either have to pay for ads or invest in great content to acquire potential customers, it is all-time critical to convert more traffic. An effective solution is to create a mind-blowing Shopify sales page cause they are designed with a conversion-focused approach.
In this article, we will explore what a Shopify sales page is, why it is important, and how you can create a high-converting one.
What is a sales page?
A sales page is a single page, typically on a website, designed with a conversion-focused approach in mind to sell products or services for a business. It is both instructive - introducing a company’s products and services to customers, and persuasive - encouraging them to make purchases.
A sales page is a must-have for any Shopify business since it not only delivers seamless research and shopping experiences but also boosts conversion rates for stores without much investment.
Sales pages and landing pages are commonly mistaken for one another. It is important to tell their differences to avoid confusion and wrong decisions on website development and execution.
Sales pages and landing pages are similar in a way that they’re both parts of a website that encourage customers to perform a specific task. While sales pages focus on motivating customers to buy a product or service, a landing page can have a variety of goals such as boosting sales, growing customer data, and promoting event awareness, etc. In other words, a sales page is a specific type of landing page.
Why do you need effective sales pages on Shopify?
As mentioned above, a sales page is an indispensable element of any eCommerce website. The benefits of having an effective Shopify sales page are numerous, to name a few:
- Increased conversion rates: A well-designed sales page can significantly improve your website's conversion rates by presenting your products or services in an engaging and persuasive manner.
- Improved customer experience: A sales page provides a seamless user experience by guiding customers through the sales process and answering any questions they may have about your products or services.
- Better tracking and analysis: Instead of tracking for your whole website, you can now track and analyze your sales pages independently & effortlessly. By using tools like Google Analytics & Ahrefs, you can identify insights behind pages’ performance, then utilize the understandings to optimize your website and webpage’s overall sales strategy.
- Enhanced brand image: By presenting your products or services in a professional and visually appealing way, a sales page can help enhance your brand image and establish credibility with potential customers.
- Personalized delivery experience: Offer multiple delivery methods, date selection, and time slots to your store, allowing customers to choose the most convenient option for them. According to a study by MyTotalRetail, 77% of customers have abandoned purchases due to unfavorable delivery options. By providing a variety of choices, you can significantly enhance the customer experience, increase conversion rates, and differentiate your business from competitors. Discover the solution here.
Anatomy of a high-converting sales page
Now you know why sales pages are important, let's look at some key elements that make up a high-converting sales page:
- Engaging content: The ultimate goal of sales page content is to promote shoppers not just browsing through but actually engaging with it. To ensure that, your content should be attention-grabbing at first, be concise in explaining products’ benefits, and then be persuasive in calling to desired actions from customers. You can experiment with some content tips and formulas for driving conversions here.
- Compelling design: Optimizing design is a key point in improving customers’ experience and navigating them to your desired actions. You should make sure that visual elements (images, videos, animation, …) are of the finest quality and arranged in a clean and easy way for customers to follow. Additionally, having a consistent design is proven to raise awareness and conversion rates, so keep a consistent theme, color, typography, etc. for better results.
- Trustworthy social proof: Social proof requires a long-term achieving process. Customer testimonials are one of the most effective ways to build trust and credibility. You can showcase your social media followers and include any awards or recognition your brand has received.
- Clear pricing and value proposition: Clearly communicate the product price and deliver their values. You can apply different pricing strategies given your own business objectives, but you must always demonstrate that your values deserve those prices.
How can you create a Shopify sales page?
There are several ways to build a Shopify sales page for your online store. In general, you can:
- Use Shopify default theme editor: A direct approach that helps you build pages quickly but has many limitations.
- Get technical experts to custom code your requirements: This route allows you to customize your sales page flexibly but it requires more resources in terms of time and money.
- Leverage Foxify Smart Page Builder: Using page builders is a smart idea to develop customized pages. Foxify empowers anyone to build effective sales pages by using pre-made templates or by building from scratch.
Using Shopify default theme editor
Shopify’s default theme editor provides basic and necessary tools that let you create and modify your website pages easily. It has been improved over the years, so you can develop functional sales pages effortlessly by following these steps:
Step 1: Create a sales page template
Firstly, you need to create a unique sales page template to use as a space for free and flexible customization.
Just click on the dropdown bar on the top of Shopify theme editor, choose Pages, then click Create template.
A pop-up box will appear to ask for the template name and whether or not you want to base it on an existing template. Click Create template after naming your new page.
Then, you will get a blank template (or a copy of the existing template if you chose that), this is where you will modify your sales page design & content.
Step 2: Create a new page and link to the template
To create a new Shopify page, you will need to go back to the Shopify dashboard. First, click on Pages in the left side navigation bar, then hit Add Page.
This is a quick and easy step, but if you need to know more about how to create different pages, check out this Shopify Pages guideline.
Step 3: Start building your sales page
Till now, you already had a Shopify sales page that linked to a unique template. You can modify the design and content of that page in Shopify theme editor.
Using the left side menu, choose the sections you want to show on the sales page, their style, and edit their content.
Once finished, you can save the changes by clicking on the green button in the upper right corner. Your sales page is now ready to publish.
Hiring technical experts for customizations
If you believe that the possibilities of the Shopify theme editor are not sufficient, you should consider hiring some technical experts to solve any customization problems. There are many places you can connect with experts including Shopify, Fiverr, Facebook communities, etc.
On one hand, technical experts can create custom sales pages that perfectly fit your business needs, making your entire website stand out from the competition. They can also ensure that your page is secure, optimized for search engines, and runs smoothly.
On the other hand, hiring technical experts can be costly, and it may take longer to get your sales pages ready compared to using pre-made solutions. Additionally, relying too much on technical experts can make it challenging for you to make future changes to your website, and may limit your ability to learn and develop your own business and technical skills.
So, it's important to weigh the pros and cons of this approach based on your budget, goals, and long-term vision for your website.
Using Foxify Page Builder to build Shopify sales pages
You want to combine the ease of using Shopify theme editor with the customizations of hiring technical experts? Foxify Smart Page Builder is the right choice solution for you.
Once you connect Foxify with your Shopify store, you can develop high-converting sales pages in just a few clicks.
You can learn more about Foxify here.
Step 1: From the Foxify dashboard, choose how you want to start
To begin, in the dashboard, you need to access Landing pages on the left side navigation bar. Here you can choose to create a blank page or use a template by hitting the Create template button.
Templates are highly recommended since it has pre-made elements and layouts which have been optimized in many styles. You can browse for the best-fit template in the pop-up Templates library.
Now, in the Page settings window, you need to give your sales page a title and URL, you can also modify Page layout for your custom needs. After that, hit Save & create page to start building your page.
Step 2: Create your own custom page with a few clicks
Next, start building your sales page using the Foxify editor. It has similar interfaces and features compared to Shopify theme editor, but more customization options, so you can get started easily and quickly without a learning curve.
On the left sidebar, you can start clicking on Add section, then choose the ones that fit your intention.
In each section, on the left side, you will see several settings options which consist of blocks at different levels. Additionally, on the right side, there is a section's configuration where you can modify settings in detail.
When editing, you can preview the results by hitting the Preview & Devices button on the top.
Moreover, in recent updates, Foxify has been enhanced with many features that help you to increase page-building efficiency. Check them out!
By exploring those possibilities of Foxify Page Builder, you can definitely build a high-converting sales page based on your desire.
Step 3: Save and publish
When you have finished editing, save your progress by clicking on the Save button.
After that, you can Publish your sales page right away by clicking the Publish button (changed from Save button).
By now, you probably know how to utilize Foxify to build an effective custom sales page. You can learn more about the detailed process of using Foxify by following these tutorial videos.
Foxify Page Builder will not disappoint you! Believe it or not, just give it a try!
In a nutshell, a Shopify sales page is an important tool for acquiring shoppers. By following the above-mentioned high-converting sales page guideline and using Foxify as a smart tool to build your page, you and your online store can take lots of advantages.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to take your Shopify store to the next level!
Explore the limitless possibilities of Foxify on your Shopify pages here.